SMALL GROUP TOUR Limited to 12 pax
This walking tour starts in atmospheric Porto and continues a voyage of taste and discovery through the UNESCO World Heritage Douro Valley, where the famous port wines are produced. We also take in the region known as Terras de Basto where Portugal’s ‘young’ wine – vinho verde – is produced. Leisurely walks and cultural visits provide the perfect introduction to this fascinating country, once a dominant world trading power.
- Discover ancient wine cellars
- Walk through quiet countryside
- Explore vibrant Porto
- Visit rural Portugal
- Walk along the Corgo river, visit Baroque Casa de Mateus
- Short walk around Quinta do Tedo winery followed by wine tasting; visit Douro museum
- Nature walk in the Cabrum Valley; transfer to Mondim de Basto
- Walk in the green wine region of Mondim de Bastos and taste organically produced “Vinho Verde” at Quinta das Escomoeiras walk by the famous Levada do Piscaredo aqueduct to the centre of Mondim de Basto village; visit the Senhora da Graca shrine.
- Transfer to Porto; visit the historic town and the famous Porto wine cellars for wine tasting; optional boat tour and overnight in Porto. All breakfasts, 3 wine tastings and 2 dinners are included.
$3495.00 p.p plus $600 taxes INCLUDES AIR from Vancouver