Tour Host: Diane Todd
Date: October 14th - October 26th, 2016
The Taj Mahal took 20,000 workers and 1,000 elephants 22 years to complete, yet it only takes a single moment to realize how utterly beautiful it is. From strolling in its serene shadows to walking the streets of Delhi with a local young adult in the G adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project to spending a night in a traditional village home, these eight days are an incredible introduction to the evocative beauty of India.
- Guided Walking Tour with New Delhi Streetkids Project
- Local Village Immersion
- Meet a Local Historian
- Square 1 Travel Hong Kong Add-On
- Arrival transfer included through Women on Wheels
- Walking tour and project visit with a local guide in Delhi
- Tour of Old Delhi including Jama Masjid Mosque, Chandni Chowk market, and Gurduwara Sikh temple
- Visit the Taj Mahal, Baby Taj, and Agra Fort
- Excursion to Fatehpur Sikri and the Abhaneri step wells
- Explore Jaipur including the Amber Fort, Jaipur City Palace, and Hawa Mahal
- Talk with a local historian and scholar
- Visit the village of Sawarda and overnight in a heritage home
- Interesting articles, helpful tips, and photography advice from National Geographic before you depart
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Hotels (6 nights), heritage hotel (1 night)
- 7 breakfasts, 1 dinner - Allow USD 190 - 250 for meals not included
- Van, bus, auto-rickshaw, cycle-rickshaw, walking
- ChiefExperineceO, cer(CEO) throughout, local guides.
Price includes Air from Vancouver and Taxes.
Day 1: Fly Vancouver to Delhi | October 14, 2016
Day 2: Overnight Hotel | Delhi | October 15, 2016
Day 3: Delhi | October 16, 2016
A full day to enjoy Delhi! You will be able to book optional activities through the hotel. There will be a meeting with your CEO today who will accompany you from this point onward. Time TBD.
Day 4: Delhi/Agra | October 17, 2016 | (1B)
Walk through the backstreets of Delhi with a young adult taking part in the G Adventures-supported New Delhi Streetkids Project. Later, explore Old Delhi with your CEO before an afternoon drive to Agra.
Day 5: Agra | October 18, 2016 | (1B)
Spend the day visiting the highlights of the walled city of Agra including the famed Taj Mahal, Baby Taj, and Agra Fort.
Day 6: Agra/Jaipur | October 19, 2016 | (1B)
Drive to Jaipur, visiting the deserted Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri and the village of Abhaneri, which has one of India's deepest and largest stepwells (tank gardens).
Day 7: Jaipur | October 20, 2016 | (1B)
Explore the "Pink City" known also as Jaipur, including the Amber Fort, City Palace, and the Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds). Listen to a local historian/scholar discuss the spirituality, social fabric, customs and traditions of India.
Day 8: Jaipur/Sawarda | October 21, 2016 | (1B/1D)
Drive to the rural village of Sawarda where we stay in a heritage home. Exploring this traditional village is like stepping back in time. Walk and meet elders, teachers and elected representatives of the village governing council, called Panchayat. Topics of discussion include: "How Urbanization Affects Village Life", "Information Technology and Modernization and its Benefits and Disadvantages" as well as "Simple Village Customs and Traditions'.
Day 9: Sawarda/Delhi | October 22, 2016 | (1B)
Drive back to bustling Delhi. Opt to join the Ceo for a group dinner.
Square 1 Travel Hong Kong Add-On: Days 10-13 | October 24 - 26, 2016
Day 10: Fly Delhi to Hong Kong | October 23, 2016 | (1B)
Depart at any time.
Day 11: Free to Explore Hong Kong | October 24, 2016
Day 12: Half day city tour of Hong Kong Island
Day 13: Fly Hong Kong to Vancouver
Please Contact Diane at for more Information!